Back on Track Human - Wrist Brace
Our Wrist Brace provides soothing warmth which may help alleviate wrist pain and discomfort.
If you work with personal computers or perform repetitive movements with your wrist, or if you’ve sustained a wrist injury, our Wrist Brace provides soothing warmth and support, which may help relieve pain. We’ve constructed our Wrist Brace with our state-of-the art, ceramic powder-infused Welltex fabric, which works with your natural body warmth to provide a gentle warmth. The ceramic powder reflects your own body warmth as a far infrared wave, a form of energy that has documented pain relieving effect. While wearing the wrist brace the reflected heat may help reduce wrist tension.
|Size||Circumference of Wrist|
|Small||less than 6"|
|Medium||6" - 6½"|
|Large||7" - 7½"|
Back on Track products can be used to warm up your muscles before physical exercise or work, thereby reducing the risk of strains or injury. The entire Back on Track line of products are great for muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints! During the manufacturing of polyester- or polyester fibers, Back on Track fuses ceramic particles into the fibers of their products. When heated, the ceramic particles radiate a heat back towards the body. This reflected heat is long-wave heat radiation, which is also known as long wave infrared radiation. It is well established and documented that long wave infrared heat radiation increases the blood circulation. The increased blood circulation in the tissues helps to relieve muscles tension and improves performance. Sold individually (not as a pair).
How Back on Track Products Works
By combining modern textile technology and traditional Chinese medicine which is supported by scientific studies, Back on Track creates products that help people, horses and dogs achieve a more active and comfortable life.
How long do the Back on Track products work?
Since the ceramic particles are melted into the threads they can never wash out, and our products will always be effective. Some of the first horse wraps we made are still going strong after daily use for over 10 years. If you have been using our products for a while, and feel you don’t see the same results as at the beginning, simply take a break for a couple of weeks and try again. While using our products the body can get used to feeling better, so you may no longer see an increased difference. After taking a break you will most likely see that difference again. If you have any questions please call us so we can help you answer any of your concerns.
It is well established and documented that long wave infrared heat radiation increases the blood circulation. The increased blood circulation in the tissues helps to relieve muscles tension and improves performance. One important property is the injury prevention effect, which you get when the protections are used for training and competition.
- When heat transfer or conduction occurs, the heat in a material spreads from one part of the material to another.
- Convection is the loss of heat when a heated liquid or gas (e.g. air) is displaced, carrying the heat with it. The insulating material in ordinary clothing and joint supports, for example cotton, wool and neoprene, is designed to prevent convection and thus retains body heat in the air outside the skin.
- Radiation occurs when a heat source emits heat radiation, where upon it collides with another surface and heats it. Back on Track's products work with radiant heat, the purpose of which is to avoid trapping the heat through insulation. This is so that the protection has a respiratory function, while heat energy in the body tissues increases.
People and animals radiate body heat, both at rest and in activity, however less heat is radiated when at rest. When a material is hit with heat rays, three things can occur.
- The rays can pass straight through the material, which is called transmittance. An example of this is when the sun's heat rays hit a glass plate. The majority of the heat radiation passes through the glass. You would feel this effect if you were to stand in a room with the sun shining through the window.
- The second thing that can happen is that the rays bounce on the material's surface and are reflected away, called reflectance. If all the heat is reflected the material will not be heated as none of the rays radiate through the material.
The third that can happen is the material absorbs the heat rays, which is called absorbance. Radiated heat can have different wavelengths depending on the temperature of the heat source and the material. Radiant heat is usually within the range of what is called infrared radiation, which means wavelengths between 0.7 microns and 1 mm. A material absorbs different amounts of heat radiation depending on the wavelength of the radiation. This is called the material's absorption spectrum. The radiant heat absorbed increases the heat content of the material.
Just like other materials, the body's tissues have their own absorption spectrum. The wavelength that the ceramic particles issue is absorbed in the cells. A signal is sent to the brain telling it that heat energy has increased, to which the brain opens up the veins. The absorption happens not only in the skin but also deeper down the tissue, which makes the veins wider not only superficially but also in the muscles and around the joints. The increased blood circulation in the tissues relieves muscle tension and strengthens the body's own ability to reduce inflammations and heal injuries. The products are therefore often used in cases where inflammation is part of the problem. Another important application is injury prevention, which you get when the protections are used for training and competition.