Back on Track Mini Blanket
Manufacturer: Back on Track
Sorry, this item is out of stock
We love this little blanket and so will you!
The Back on Track Mini Blanket is an awesome, versatile blanket that creates a soothing infrared warmth. The BOT Mini Blanket works with your own body to create gentle warmth. How does this work? The fabric has ceramic powder woven in and that reflects your own body warmth and provides the infrared warmth.. a well-recognized method for improving blood flow and reducing inflammation.
The blanket is super-soft and it really makes you want to sit down and rest with it! While the blanket isn't "designed for animals", you could easily fit this into a home-made fabric (fleece or canvas?) case or a pillow case, and let your kitty or arthritic dog lay on it (must not be a big St. Bernard though!); beware.. you may never get it back!
Features of the blanket:
- 20" x 27" in size
- Roll it up and use as a neck rest
- Wrap around an aching leg or arm
- Position in a chair or bed to target aches and pains
- Use as a lap blanket for added warmth
- Use for added cushion comfort while driving, working or confined to a wheel chair
- Use inside a pillow case or as a pillow overlay
How Back on Track Products Works
By combining modern textile technology and traditional Chinese medicine which is supported by scientific studies, Back on Track creates products that help people, horses and dogs achieve a more active and comfortable life.
How long do the Back on Track products work?
Since the ceramic particles are melted into the threads they can never wash out, and our products will always be effective. Some of the first horse wraps we made are still going strong after daily use for over 10 years. If you have been using our products for a while, and feel you don’t see the same results as at the beginning, simply take a break for a couple of weeks and try again. While using our products the body can get used to feeling better, so you may no longer see an increased difference. After taking a break you will most likely see that difference again. If you have any questions please call us so we can help you answer any of your concerns.
It is well established and documented that long wave infrared heat radiation increases the blood circulation. The increased blood circulation in the tissues helps to relieve muscles tension and improves performance. One important property is the injury prevention effect, which you get when the protections are used for training and competition.
- When heat transfer or conduction occurs, the heat in a material spreads from one part of the material to another.
- Convection is the loss of heat when a heated liquid or gas (e.g. air) is displaced, carrying the heat with it. The insulating material in ordinary clothing and joint supports, for example cotton, wool and neoprene, is designed to prevent convection and thus retains body heat in the air outside the skin.
- Radiation occurs when a heat source emits heat radiation, where upon it collides with another surface and heats it. Back on Track's products work with radiant heat, the purpose of which is to avoid trapping the heat through insulation. This is so that the protection has a respiratory function, while heat energy in the body tissues increases.
People and animals radiate body heat, both at rest and in activity, however less heat is radiated when at rest. When a material is hit with heat rays, three things can occur.
- The rays can pass straight through the material, which is called transmittance. An example of this is when the sun's heat rays hit a glass plate. The majority of the heat radiation passes through the glass. You would feel this effect if you were to stand in a room with the sun shining through the window.
- The second thing that can happen is that the rays bounce on the material's surface and are reflected away, called reflectance. If all the heat is reflected the material will not be heated as none of the rays radiate through the material.
The third that can happen is the material absorbs the heat rays, which is called absorbance. Radiated heat can have different wavelengths depending on the temperature of the heat source and the material. Radiant heat is usually within the range of what is called infrared radiation, which means wavelengths between 0.7 microns and 1 mm. A material absorbs different amounts of heat radiation depending on the wavelength of the radiation. This is called the material's absorption spectrum. The radiant heat absorbed increases the heat content of the material.
Just like other materials, the body's tissues have their own absorption spectrum. The wavelength that the ceramic particles issue is absorbed in the cells. A signal is sent to the brain telling it that heat energy has increased, to which the brain opens up the veins. The absorption happens not only in the skin but also deeper down the tissue, which makes the veins wider not only superficially but also in the muscles and around the joints. The increased blood circulation in the tissues relieves muscle tension and strengthens the body's own ability to reduce inflammations and heal injuries. The products are therefore often used in cases where inflammation is part of the problem. Another important application is injury prevention, which you get when the protections are used for training and competition.